Thursday 19 August 2010

FASHION FIX MENS #1

Yummy.


There is a reason David Beckham is adorning my blog today and it's not purely because I'm a little bit in love with him. A friend of mine asked when I would be looking at men's fashion in my blog so I thought I'd equip myself with the necessary tools (mainly Mr Beckham and my eye for a nice garment or two).

Beckham is well known for some horrendous fashion errors... who can forget the sarong, the tiny pants worn on board a boat and the various dodgy hairstyles?

Incase you have forgotten, these may jog your memory (whether you want to or not):



















I don't care how fit your body is, those pants are just not acceptable.

But my point is, no matter how attractive someone is, they can still make many mistakes trying to get it right. He had to experiment for a long time until he found his own style.

I love the cool, laid back style he is sporting nowadays with a few added wrinkles round his face and the sleeve of tattoos. Absolute perfection. 

Beckham favours beanie hats, aviators, baggy jeans, t shirts and checked shirts on his off days but steps it up to include crisp white shirts and well tailored suits when he needs to go to an event. Neither of these looks have to be expensive or difficult to put together.

Here's my own twist on Beckham's day off style:

Parajumpers Jacket Santa Fe
1.198 EUR - jades24.com

PIERRE HARDY Sneakers
350 EUR - colette.fr

Scarf – Three Colour Twist Scarf
125 GBP - paulsmith.co.uk


I don't know a great deal about mens fashion but I apply these thoughts to my own dress sense so thought I would share:


Even if you get your outfit a little bit wrong sometimes...

'It's always the badly dressed people who are the most interesting'. 
~Jean Paul Gaultier
Don't dress for anyone else
Know, first, who you are; and then adorn yourself accordingly. 
~Epictetus
and finally

Adornment is never anything except a reflection of the heart. 
~Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...